PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI HOME INSPECTION
Contact Advanced Property Inspection if you need an Pleasant Prairie, WI Home Inspection
Schedule your Pleasant Praire, WI home inspection buy telephone, just give us a call at (262) 458-4176. Or, click here to complete our online inspection request form.
About Pleasant Prairie, WI
The Pleasant Prairie area was the center of Indian activity in pre-pioneer Wisconsin. The remnants of Indian culture abound in Pleasant Prairie. Some of the earliest traces of Indian life in Wisconsin were found along STH 32 and STH 165, Barnes Creek, and in the Carol Beach area. These early Indian campsites, along what was once the shoreline of Lake Michigan, represent some of the highest quality archeological sites in the United States. Pleasant Prairie also saw pioneers arrive in Wisconsin on the Jambeau Trail (now known as Green Bay Road). In addition, several natural historic sites such as the Chiwaukee Prairie and the Kenosha Sand Dunes lie undisturbed in Pleasant Prairie.
The area's first settler was Horace Woodbridge, who arrived on June 4, 1833; while Henry Miller arrived later that same month. Pleasant Prairie had its beginnings as a political entity in April 1842 when the first town meeting was held and the first election of town officials took place. The early town officials met in the Williams Congregational Church located at 93rd Street and Green Bay Road. Later the old church became the official Town Hall and served the quiet agricultural community. Pleasant Prairie originally was a town nearly 42 square miles (110 km2) in size.
Over the next 150 years, the City of Kenosha began to annex lands south of 60th Street and west from Lake Michigan. The town of Pleasant Prairie was slowly reduced in size as Kenosha grew. There were nine separate settlement areas in the township that, in some cases, became the starting point for significant growth in the future. Some no longer exist.
The original unincorporated community of Pleasant Prairie was located at 104th Avenue and Bain Station Road. Prior to 1875 it was known as "Tar Corners" because a thief was once tarred and feathered there.